Friday, April 15, 2011

Next Mod

Next mod is to make a Low Rider.

I have some photos of  the parts below. I made a few adjustments before printing these and they seem to have turned out better than some of the parts shown in previous posts. They are printed with 50% infill and 3 layers on each solid surface. The photos are taken after just light cleanup of loose threads and a little sanding where surfaces meet. All holes are as printed. I tried to show flatness achieved in a few shots.

As soon as I receive the bearings and hardware I'll be putting it together.

I intend on beefing up the X axis rods to 3/8". There are some rod mounts which appear to support this. The Low Rider and rod mounts were created by the same gentleman (twotimes). I am assuming I can make them work together but we'll see. I'll update this post as things move along.


Here is a piece without any cleanup except the final "thread" made when the print head rises at the end of a print. Holes are as printed and not drilled out.
Same part from the side. Turned out quite flat.
I believe these two parts go together (I haven't really read through the build instructions yet). I did a light sanding where they meet. Again they look pretty flat and fit together nicely.


All parts laid out and ready to go

No comments:

Post a Comment