Friday, April 29, 2011

Next Printer

I decided to pick up one of the last remaining "CupCake Ultimate" printers from Makerbot. The price made it worth it for the components alone. I've been toying with building a Mendel for quite awhile in order to increase build capacity. Maybe this is the starting point. I also have some thoughts on just doing a custom build where I extend the dimensions but essentially keep it a Makerbot configuration.

I also ordered two additional steppers assuming I'll be moving to stepper extruders at some point. So I'm not sure at this point what I will do with it but I doubt it will be a straight build. With the quality of print I am getting from my current printer, I'll be in no hurry so it may just sit for awhile until I decide what to do.

My next task is to work on a scanner option.

No comments:

Post a Comment