Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Low Rider completed

I have completed the low rider upgrade and installed it. Pictures of the assembled unit and the installation are below. Also I added a picture of my first print using it. I printed an item I had printed previously for comparison sake (although I used different colored ABS). The quality is up some especially on the waviness of the x axis.

I originally thought I might be able to use larger diameter x rods. Turned out not to be the case. 

I changed a parameter while building the Low Rider (Loops-Perimeter-Infill) based on a comment on it's Thingiverse page. I left it this way when I printed my first item and it eliminated the obvious line where the z-axis increments. I will stick with this for awhile and see if I prefer the prints to the previous setting (Perimeter-Infill-Loops) which I believe was the default.

Update: I think I will either go back to (Perimeter-Infill-Loops) or try a different option. I think for prints without overhangs the print quality of the z axis is not as good now.

It will appear in the photos I have it flipped on the x axis from most copies you see out on Thingiverse. It's not a mistake with the photo. I believe I had one of the axis inverted in the motherboard firmware and thus printed mirrored versions of the parts. Since it was consistent and since I have a custom heated build platform it doesn't really matter.








No comments:

Post a Comment